Yellow Coris Wrasse - Halichoeres chrysus
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
Explore the Vibrant Yellow Coris Wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus): A Splash of Sunshine for Your Marine Aquarium
Dive into the world of marine beauty with the Yellow Coris Wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus), a captivating fish known for its vibrant colors and lively disposition. Native to the Indo-Pacific region, these wrasses bring a touch of tropical sunshine to your marine sanctuary.
1. Radiant Yellow Hue: The Yellow Coris Wrasse showcases a brilliant, sunshine-yellow coloration, adorned with subtle accents and intricate markings. Its vibrant appearance adds a burst of color to your aquarium, making it a focal point.
2. Ideal Tank Size: To ensure their comfort and room for their lively movements, a tank size of at least 50 gallons is recommended. This provides ample space for them to thrive.
3. Reef Compatibility: The Yellow Coris Wrasse is considered reef-safe and can coexist with corals and invertebrates in your reef aquarium.
4. Moderate Difficulty: These wrasses are well-suited for aquarists with some experience in marine fishkeeping. With proper tank conditions and care, they thrive and showcase their vibrant colors.
5. Maximum Size: Yellow Coris Wrasses typically reach a maximum size of approximately 5-6 inches (13-15 cm), making them a medium-sized addition to your aquarium.
Tank Environment: Maintain a well-established marine aquarium with plenty of swimming space, live rock for hiding spots, and stable water parameters. Keep the water temperature within the range of 74-80°F (23-27°C) and maintain a salinity level of 1.023-1.025.
Feeding: Offer a balanced diet consisting of high-quality marine flakes, pellets, and occasional servings of live or frozen foods to meet their nutritional needs.
Compatibility: Yellow Coris Wrasses are generally peaceful, but exercise caution when selecting tankmates, as they can be territorial towards other wrasses or similar species.