w concentrations and is removable with carbon and chemical filtration. For added security and peace of mind for aquarium owners, there is upwards of a four-fold concentration gap between the minimal therapeutic dose (0.2 mg/L) and the toxic dose (0.8 mg/L) to reduce the instances of accidental overdosing.
Remove all invertebrates as these organisms are extremely sensitive to copper and may become sick or worse with a copper-based medication. Turn off any UV filters, ozone filters, and remove all chemical filtration like MatrixCarbon and Purigen. Do not use this formula in conjunction with any other medication. Do not use products that contain reducing agents (conditioners, ammonia binders, etc.) while using Cupramine.
If you have a bottle with a dropper cap, use exactly 20 drops (1 mL) per 40 L (10.5 US gallons) the first day, wait 48 hours and then repeat this process. On non-dropper caps, each inner ring is equivalent to 1 mL. In freshwater aquariums use only a half dose. The final copper concentration is 0.5 mg/L (0.25 mg/L in freshwater). Leave the aquarium at this concentration for 14 days. Do not redose without testing (MultiTest Copper). If tank has ever been treated with an ionic copper (e.g. copper chloride, sulfate or citrate), test copper level after initial dosing. Although most fish tolerate Cupramine to 0.8 mg/L, it is not advisable to exceed 0.6 mg/L copper.
Finishing the Full Treatment:
Ich, velvet, and many other common parasites spend a large portion of their life cycle as a small cyst that hides in the substrate of your tank and is immune to medication. Because of this, it is VERY important that you finish the full treatment even if you canâ€™t see anymore parasites on the fish!
Cupramine can be removed using carbon or Seachem CupriSorb. You can leave the copper-absorbing media inside of your aquarium for at least a week after the copper concentration has reached 0 to ensure that all traces of the medication have been removed entirely.