Red Spot Severum - Heros severus
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
Experience Aquatic Splendor with the Red Spot Severum (Heros severus): A South American Gem
Immerse yourself in the captivating world of the Red Spot Severum (Heros severus), a remarkable freshwater fish native to the vibrant waters of South America. Renowned for its stunning red markings and peaceful demeanor, this species is a cherished choice among aquarists aiming to create a visually captivating and harmonious aquatic environment.
1. Dazzling Red Spots: The Red Spot Severum lives up to its name with vibrant red markings, creating a breathtaking display against its golden or greenish background. The striking contrast of colors adds a dramatic and eye-catching element to your aquarium.
2. Size and Grace: The Red Spot Severum typically grows to a substantial adult size of 10-12 inches (25-30 cm). Its graceful movements and streamlined body make it an impressive and visually appealing addition to any tank.
3. Native to South America: Hailing from the waterways of South America, particularly in the Amazon River basin and its tributaries, these cichlids are naturally found in areas with abundant vegetation and slow-flowing waters.
4. Peaceful Temperament: Known for their peaceful and gentle nature, the Red Spot Severum is an excellent choice for a community aquarium. They coexist harmoniously with a variety of peaceful fish, enhancing the tranquility of your aquatic setup.
5. Adaptability and Resilience: The Red Spot Severum is relatively adaptable to various water conditions, making it suitable for both experienced and novice aquarists. Providing proper care and a suitable environment allows them to thrive and showcase their stunning red markings.
Tank Size: Provide a spacious tank, preferably a 55-gallon tank or larger, to accommodate the adult size and social nature of the Red Spot Severum.
Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 75-82°F (24-28°C) and a neutral to slightly acidic pH (6.0-7.5).
Diet: Offer a varied diet, including high-quality cichlid pellets, flakes, and occasional live or frozen foods to meet their nutritional needs and enhance their vibrant coloration.
Compatibility: The Red Spot Severum thrives in a community aquarium with other non-aggressive fish species and is best kept in pairs or small groups.