Puntatus Cory Catfish - Corydoras leucomelas
- Low stock - 6 items left
- Inventory on the way
Discover Puntatus Cory Catfish (Corydoras leucomelas): A Playful and Vibrant Aquatic Delight
Dive into the lively world of Puntatus Cory Catfish (Corydoras leucomelas), a charming freshwater fish celebrated for its playful behavior and distinctive markings. Originating from the rivers and streams of South America, particularly in Venezuela and Colombia, this species adds a splash of vivacity and color to any aquarium.
1. Adorable Size and Shape: Puntatus Cory Catfish typically reach a size of about 2-2.5 inches (5-6 cm), making them the perfect addition to a community aquarium. Their compact, streamlined bodies and endearing appearance make them a favorite among aquatic enthusiasts.
2. Unique Black and Orange Markings: These cory catfish are adorned with distinct black and orange markings, resembling a playful pattern. Their captivating coloration adds a dynamic and eye-catching element to your aquatic setup.
3. Native to South America: Originating from the freshwater rivers and streams of South America, particularly Venezuela and Colombia, Puntatus Cory Catfish thrive in habitats with moderate water flow, sandy substrate, and an abundance of aquatic vegetation.
4. Peaceful and Sociable: Puntatus Cory Catfish are known for their peaceful and sociable temperament. They enjoy the company of their fellow corydoras and other peaceful tank mates, making them an excellent choice for a community aquarium.
5. Bottom-Dwelling Activity: These cory catfish are bottom-dwellers and spend much of their time exploring and scavenging the aquarium floor. Their playful antics and graceful movements add an entertaining and lively aspect to your tank.
Tank Size: Provide a suitable tank, preferably a 20-gallon tank or larger, to accommodate a group of Puntatus Cory Catfish. They thrive in a community setup.
Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 72-78°F (22-26°C) and a neutral to slightly acidic pH (6.5-7.0).
Diet: Offer a varied diet, including high-quality sinking pellets, flakes, and occasional live or frozen foods like bloodworms and brine shrimp.
Compatibility: Puntatus Cory Catfish are peaceful and thrive in a community aquarium with other non-aggressive fish species.