IceCap - The Pod Habitat
- Low stock - 3 items left
- Inventory on the way
A Smart Way to Cultivate Pods
The IceCap Pod Habitat is a clever way to cultivate a collection of copepods that you can use to feed your reef aquarium. The way it works is simple: just place the Pod Habitat in your sump, refugium, or in the back of your all-in-one aquarium. In no time, pods will begin populating the new luxurious 7-story high-rise you’ve built for them. One the Pod Habitat is at full occupancy, lift it out of your sump and dip it in your display tank. Give it a shake to evict the tenants into your aquarium. This is an easy and effective way to repopulate your tank with copepods plus it gives your fish a delicious and nutritious live food source. Another benefit of having a healthy pod population is that they consume detritus, waste, and macroalgae which in turn keeps your tank clean. They are important critters and the Pod Habitat gives them a safe place to live and reproduce.
IceCap Pod Habitat Features & Benefits
- Size: 3 x 3 x 2in (L x W x H)
- 7 floors for copepods and amphipods to live
- The Pod Habitat provides a safe haven for pods to reproduce
- Pods are an excellent food source for mandarins and wrasses
- Pods are the tiny unsung heroes of a reef aquarium clean-up crew
- Pods increase the biodiversity of reef aquarium and are fun to watch
- The Pod Habitat is super easy-to-use and easy-to-clean
PRO TIPS: If you don’t have any pods in your aquarium or want to add more, there are several companies in the hobby that sell live pods in a bottle. You can find them at your local fish store or have them shipped directly to your door. This makes it easy to jumpstart or replenish a pod population no matter where you are located. In time, the Pod Habitat will provide a refuge where the pods can reproduce in your own aquarium until you have a self-sustaining pod population!
CoralVue, Inc. and IceCap hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- One (1) year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.