Golden Puffer - Auriglobus modestus
- Low stock - 7 items left
- Inventory on the way
Unveil Aquatic Brilliance with the Golden Puffer (Auriglobus modestus): A Radiant Freshwater Marvel
Embark on a journey into the captivating world of the Golden Puffer (Auriglobus modestus), a breathtaking freshwater fish native to the vibrant waters of Southeast Asia. Renowned for its dazzling golden coloration and playful personality, this species is a prized choice among aquarists aiming to create a visually captivating and dynamic aquatic environment.
1. Radiant Golden Coloration: The Golden Puffer lives up to its name with a stunning golden hue that covers its entire body. The vibrant color adds a dramatic and eye-catching element to your aquarium, enhancing its aesthetic appeal.
2. Size and Charismatic Form: Typically growing to an adult size of about 4-5 inches (10-12 cm), the Golden Puffer boasts a charismatic form with a rounded body and a curious, expressive face. Its size is ideal for both smaller and larger aquarium setups.
3. Native to Southeast Asia: Hailing from the freshwater rivers and streams of Southeast Asia, particularly in Thailand and Malaysia, these puffers are naturally found in areas with moderate to slow-moving waters, often surrounded by lush vegetation.
4. Playful & Inquisitive Nature: Golden Puffers are known for their playful and inquisitive behavior, constantly exploring their surroundings and engaging with their environment. Their lively antics add an entertaining and interactive aspect to your tank.
5. Low Maintenance: Perfect for both novices and experienced aquarists, the Golden Puffer is relatively easy to care for. They adapt well to a variety of tank conditions and thrive with standard freshwater aquarium care.
Tank Size: Provide a suitable tank, preferably a 30-gallon tank or larger, to accommodate the adult size and playful nature of the Golden Puffer.
Water Parameters: Maintain stable water parameters with a temperature range of 74-78°F (23-26°C) and a neutral to slightly alkaline pH (7.0-7.5).
Diet: Offer a varied diet, including high-quality flakes, pellets, frozen or live foods like bloodworms, brine shrimp, and occasionally small crustaceans.
Compatibility: Golden Puffers are a highly active and often aggressive fish, and do best in species only tanks.